This game looks great!
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Vilmonic is an artificial life simulator and genetics and evolution sandbox game.
Protect and breed unique pixel-art life forms where pixels and color have meaning. Experiment with natural and artificial selection. Craft tools and buildings and change the environment. Find ancient tech and fend off the mindless haywire zombitons.
Craft Farm Breed Evolve!
- A living, breathing world with programmatically generated life forms.
- Use observation and experimentation to learn about the simulated physics and biology.
- Study each creature's genetic code, morphology, physiology, and behavior.
- Breed animatroids and farm fungols for specific traits and balance the ecosystem.
- Craft many mysterious items each with a subtle and not-so-subtle impact on the world.
- Dig up relics from the past. Is it useful treasure or just so much trash?
- No "God Mode", the only way to change the world is from within the world!
- Spread dangerous toxic waste to increase the mutation rate of creatures in the world.
- Craft beverages to speed up or modify the simulation.
- Mellow, slow paced game play. You can dive in and manipulate every aspect of your world or sit back and watch it grow.
|Published||May 26, 2015|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||artificial-life, Casual, evolution, genetics, pet, Pixel Art, Roguelike, Sandbox, virtual-pet, whimsy|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Touchscreen|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Awesome game, does the purchase come with a steam key?
Congrats! Your the Most popular Artificial Intelligence game on Itch.io! hope you can hold that title for a while
Thx 1000% bestttt❣ AND now I Knowwww That! Reeeady tooo go ilikeee meeee agaaain fassst !!!
Update: Version 0.27.00 is here!
I kept adding new items to this release, but had to force myself to stop and roll some of them out for the next update. I made changes to the nutrient-use system, which required SO MUCH balance testing, basically me running loads of simulations (i.e. games) and checking statistics to make sure I didn't mess anything up. Still no DNA tweaking in this update, I just can't figure out how I want to implement it in a way that doesn't feel like a cheat - but soon!
So what's new?
* New dungeon walls and floors! They're now the zombs favorite structures.
* Toxic waste is now a crafting material.
* Added tables and chairs.
* Added more avatar body parts.
* You can now analyze zombs (beta).
* More stuff to craft, like the Fungiburger! Plop one on the ground and your anims will eat it up. Or feed one directly to your anims if their health is low. Or eat one yourself if your health is low. Or eat one if you just want a snack.
* Other stuff...
Status: Finishing up version 0.27.00
A quick post to let you know that I'm finishing up the next update which will include a new crafting material (hint: it's toxic) and some new craftables (for the home and office and home office) and new body parts! Also, have you ever wondered what's going on inside the mind of those zombs? This update will begin to shed some light (just a bit, for now).
What I'm working on right now!
- DNA manipulation. Extract DNA from anims, modify it, and inject it back in somehow...!
- New beverages, one that makes you super strong, another that attracts anims. Maybe a third that makes anims fertile (kind of forces reproduction).
- More walls and floors and tables and chairs and...
- Possible neural-networks for evolvable "brains".
Update: Version 0.26.00
Phew, finally! Version 0.26.00 is out.
Try out the new Camera! Build one, or if you are lucky, dig one up. Document your world and all of its changes. Then export and share your photos.
There's a new beverage: Revolt™ soda. Drink some if you are (hint) antisocial.
This version contains a lot of behind-the-scenes changes to anim and especially fungol biology.
WARNING: This will cause a bunch of your fungs to die off! Don't worry though, the species that survive will grow back pretty quickly. Consider this the First Great Extinction event in Vilmonic.
These changes were necessary so that in future updates I can start adding features that allow players to view and modify the internal biology of creatures in the world. This will make possible features like an x-ray machine, syringes for extracting DNA, gene splicing, etc.
The Vilmonic simulator now has much more complex model of nutrients and hydration.
One example of this is that creatures now return their nutrients to the soil as fertilizer when they die. So if you have some fungols that need more nutrients, try planting them where something has died (including zombs). Currently fertilizer in a location is used up in the first stage of fungol growth, so it only really helps germination.
As always, let me know what you think of these changes.
Really neat little game! I wasn't quite sure how to build walls, but do plan on doing more tinkering with it!
YES! I love the review. It's so much fun (and informative) to see someone else play the game. Thanks for supporting this project!
I tweeted about it here: https://twitter.com/Bludgeonsoft/status/700145980545454080